Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I knew right then!!! :)

   








The past few weeks I have been in a great deal of confusion with matters in my life.  Not sure what path the Lord wants me to take and even what I wanted to take.  My original plan was to go up to BYU-Idaho this winter, but due too some issues and  a little bit of slacking on my part it just didn't look like it was going to happen when I wanted it too.  During this confusion I went to my Doctrine and Covenants institute class.  Brother Bracey offered us the challenge of taking the week before General Conference to ponder about something we wanted to know in our lives.  After thinking about it on Friday night the night before Conference started we were told to offer a prayer and ask Heavenly Father our question or tell him what was going on and ask for an answer.  Brother Bracey promised us that if we did our answer would come through General Conference in some way.

I have done this before and it has always worked, but once again I decided to put this promise to the test.  I pondered my life and what direction I needed to go with it.  Then on the night before I said my prayer and it was very comforting to me.  I knew that my answer was going to come very soon.

The next morning I got up and went and got Nathan and we got breakfast then came to my house for the first session.   That was the session when President Monson made the announcement that has changed my life!  When he started to talk about the men and the age change with them I looked over at Nathan and he was sitting there taking notes then he slowly lifted his head and looked at the TV as if he was processing what was said.  Then out of nowhere he jumped out of his seat in excitement! It was an amazing reaction!! Then the prophet announced the change of a young woman's age.  Everyone looked at me and all I could do was sit there in awe,  The announcement hit me like a wave and right then and there I knew exactly what Heavenly Father wants me to do!  Never in my life has something hit me with such power and confidence!  I know without a single doubt in my mind that I am to serve a mission for my Heavenly Father!

I have always said I wasn't going to serve, because waiting until 21 seemed almost pointless in my mind.  By 21 I hope to be in school and hopefully close to marriage!  A mission just seemed to interfere with my plans for life.  I know that sounds horrible, but it was my way of thinking.  Leave it to the Lord to change my view of things in a matter of seconds!!  Mow I am so excited to do this!  I am excited that I get to prepare even more to go through the temple!!  I am even more excited to share this amazing gospel with those who don't know it!  I know with all my heart and soul that this church is the ONLY true church on the earth at this time!  I hope to help many others learn that too!  Someday I wish that everyone on this earth could know this for themselves!  

No comments:

Post a Comment