Monday, February 20, 2012

Life is so amazing!

My life has been so interesting lately.  I don't understand how it works sometimes.  One moment it is a complete mess the next it is just awesome!  The coolest thing I think is how people work in our lives.  Sometimes people come into it and they teach you lessons that you needed to learn.  Sometimes it seems like once those lessons are learned those people disappear so suddenly. 

I had that happen recently in a really weird way.  I had a friend that seemed to be in my life for a reason then that person just left my life in a really sudden and sad way.  I made a great effort to gain that friend back, but it wasn't meant to be.  I let myself get really down about it and had a major self-pity party for quite a while.  During this pity party my good friend Shannon got up in seminary and shared how she had been having a rough time in life and that she had decided that instead of wallowing in self pity she would make a greater effort to make other people smile.  She challenged everybody to do so and I really took that challenge to heart! 

Once I began that challenge I noticed that my life was running much smoother and that my problems seemed so much smaller in comparison to what others might be going through.  Overall, I was much happier! :)  During that time period another friend of mine started talking more then we had in the past and we got a lot closer.  I have had so much fun being with this friend and not sitting around thinking about the old one.  It goes to show that even though trials come into our lives if we just step up to them and not let them overpower us that we will be much happier and stronger.  I don't  ever want to go back to a party of self pity.  They are no fun at all!  I love being in the party of pure happiness!  It is so fun!!  As much as I miss being with that old friend of mine I know that there are others in my life for a reason and I should just enjoy their friendship.  Why?  Because their friendship is SO worth it!  :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment