Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New realizations…

I have had some very interesting experiences in the last little bit.  Got in touch with a friend who offended me over something so trivial.  I decided to get in touch with him when I realized I was doing the same to him that my old friend had done to me after I offended him.  It did not affect this friend like it my experience had me, but I felt a strong desire to talk to him again and bring myself to fully forgiving him.

After he and I had been talking for a bit I suddenly realized just HOW much I had missed by not talking to him.  I had missed out on things happening in his life, fun things I could have done with him, and worst ofall I had missed out on the great things thatcome from being his friend!  How on earth had I let something so dumb affect my relationship with him? I learnerd a really good lesson in forgivness  and not holding grudges.
The Lord commands us "to forgive all men".  I think we can look at that as not just simply *forgiving* them for what they do, but doing our best to completely move on!  In situations like mine where the offense taken was very small I should have forgiven him quickly instead of holding it against him.  When you hold a grudge and the person you are holding it against is aware of it that can strongly affect your relationship!  That person could become tottaly used to the idea of you being a grudge holding person and completely rub you off as a friend.  It can affect how people see you as well.  Do we really want to be looked at as people that don't know how to move on past things?  I know I don't.  In my situation I was lucky enough to have a friend who patiently waited for me to come around and when I did he welcomed me with open arms and kindness! Something I was not expecting!  Iam so happy to have him back!  I am grateful for his kindness in forgiving me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment